Dec 1, 2010

Is it money or god?

My mother is disallowing the presence of Madison ( my dying cat) in my bedroom when I am away. She's afraid her virus will mutate into the first case of cat to human infection. If I told her Madison sneezed in my face the other night, I think they would both die.

In class, a friend said she's stressing over the final exam. I reminded her that College isn't life defining, that what's important is her family, living with health and that everything else is artificially important.

Driving home, I made an inadequate turn on the freeway. Reasons for my poor maneuver: 1. I am a mediocre driver(and college student) 2. I saw the carcass of an animal that very quickly transformed musings into a solid philosophical metaphor. 3. Ja Rule's Thug Lovin' started playing and because the abject despotism of rap is intensely attractive, I lost all concentration.

Happy December. For Christmas, I want to die and resurrect as a squirrel. There is a squirrel in my neighborhood that I see some evenings crossing wires from one electrical pole to the other. I see this squirrel jump and climb trees with full mastery of movement and radiance that it's obvious he or she has the complex of martyr or brash exhibitionist. I want to be immortal after my first death.